This should be fixed in core. A developer who actually needed the
password would be able to get it easily enough. We developers are
often rushed and do occasionally make stupid mistakes but a simple
mistake should not reveal passwords. Great and effective effort has
been put into the code to make it easy to deploy a secure application.
The same care and effort should insure that simple mistakes by a
developer do not break the secure application.

Gary