Just jumping into CakePHP and while I've gotten quite deep in the code
already, awesome by the way, I found one article that threw me for a
loop.  Basically it suggested that one should only create controllers
for database tables and for nothing else.  This seems a bit strange,
why would I not be able to create a controller for a backend class or
something not directly tied to the model?

Also, on a side note - I notice that a lot of my searches on Google
for CakePHP related topics return very old posts - is CakePHP still
alive and well?