I was having a similar problem up until your DataSource errors. I'm not sure
about this, but I think the directories in /app/Plugins are supposed to be
camel case as well: "/app/Plugins/user" vs "/app/Plugins/User". Could be
wrong.

Sorry if these comments seem really basic, I'm just trying to narrow in on
the problem.
Do you prefix the $uses Model in your controller?
class UsersController extends UsersAppController{
        var $uses = array( 'Users.YourModelName' );

}
Do you also prefix the $behaviors var in your Model in the same way?