Hello all,

I have an authentication system on my site using CakePHP. It uses PHP
Sessions for this.

What i have in place is an AJAX call to a function which checks if the
user is still logged in. If it returns false, then the Javascript
takes the current URL and attempts to redirect them, which in turn
redirects them to the login page. In theory this works because it
actively asks the user to re-login instead of holding a stale session
which will just ask them to login as soon as they click something. My
problem is that my AJAX call is keeping the session alive. So they
never get logged out (which we don't want)

Is there ANYTHING i can do within CakePHP or any other methods i can
use to stop this happening?