In order to test the result of the complete request cycle you need to use
the second parameter of testAction as follows :

$this->testAction(('/admin/posts/add', array('return' => false))

This way you will be able to assert headers, and text from the layout, the
other possible value for 'return' key is 'result', which is the default for
the function. I will try to document this a bit better today.

Thanks!