I have a simple (and likely poorly written, sorry) component that I was
using in CakePHP 1.3 which I wanted to use in my new 2.0 beta app called
AssetGathererComponent. It is inside a plugin called 'AutoAsset'.

The file is now located at
app/Plugin/AutoAsset/Controller/Component/AssetGathererComponent.php

I updated the constructor per the core components for how it should look in
2.0. I also made sure it extends Component

Here is my current code: https://gist.github.com/1167325

I am including it in my AppController's $components array like this:

'AutoAsset.AssetGatherer' => array(
    'mainJs' => 'app',
    'requireJs' => array('libs/modernizr-1.7-custom.min',
'libs/selectivizr'),
),

Whenever I include it in my AppController, the entire AppController goes
unused in my application. When I take it back out, the AppController works
fine.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks!

Ben