I agree that there are better single query methods in pure SQL, but my
recommendation keeps it in a Cake stylee (rather than using $model->query). I'd
be happy to be put right, but even if you did it using joins in a Cake find, I
think it'd still execute two queries.

Jeremy Burns
Class Outfit

http://www.classoutfit.com