Why have a primary key which does not auto increment?  Your query
shows why this is a very bad idea as your trying to insert a record
and have not included a primary key value so the database has tried to
create one for you that already exists (probably '0').

And why prefix your prinary key with the table name? This means you
require more configuration (plus support on how to achieve that
configuration) and will constantly be typing extra data when using
this field, i.e. $this->data['Deal']['deal_id'] instead of $this-
>data['Deal']['id'].  The fact that the id field is in the deals table
gives it a context so there is no need to prefix it.

You will make life much much easier for yourself if you start using
conventions (and not just CakePHP conventions this is pretty much a
standard convention for any database table) rather than fighting
against them with your own methods.

HTH, Paul.