You could restrict it by client ip so that only the blessed ones can
connect from a specific set of ip's to the login page.
Then you don't have to worry about a secret url you can do the check
on the client ip in App_controller and allow/deny and redirect with
normal cake process before they ever see the login page. Post a note
on the Login page so other admins who are allowed to see the login
because they meet the special ip's know the site is in maintenance
mode.

If you do this I would also only allow admins who are connected from
the specific set of ip's to set the site to maintenance mode. Or on
the page to set the site to maintenance mode allow adding the current
client ip as a valid connection site.

It would suck to have to drive into the office because you set the
site to maintenance mode while connected from an ip that wouldn't let
you login to turn maintenance back off.