its a balance; the code you posted is readable and concise

making links elements generally will add complexity to the simple and common
(and varied task) of adding links

when your link element has the ability to handle the various options it will
be quite complex and the code will be less
readable and also harder to adjust (the code to putput the link is going to
be about the same). Plus it add no real advantage

when you have a generic nature to a block of markup and vary parts within
eg a piece of gallery content that contains a few divs  and a h3 and a link
with and image

 - S