system is MBP/OSX/MAMP all latest updates

a customer wanted me to look at a CakePHP product he was evaluating.
Once I installed CakePHP in the root of localhost, all I get for any
other production in php on localhost is internal 500 errors. I can fix
this by removing cake and mamp restarting and reinstalling mamp, but
there has to be a way to coexist that I am just not getting.

While I have your attention, I'm also getting a CakePHP error that I
don't know how to fix

Missing Controller

Error: CoopController could not be found.

Error: Create the class CoopController below in file: app/Controller/
CoopController.php

<?php
class CoopController extends AppController {

}
?>

This file does not exist in the code at all.  What am I missing?