Hi,

you would need to implement a password logic that prepends/appends (you would need to check with the supplier how the salt was applied and which hash algorithm was used, md5, sha1, etc...) the salt to the user password input and check the resulting hash with the hash in the database. I don't know if the salt is the same for all the passwords or if the salt is changing per db row. If the latter is the case, you would need to implement a new hash method:

http://book.cakephp.org/view/1254/Change-Hash-Function

Basically your algorithm would be:

- If the user is found, get the salt and apply the salt to the unencrypted password (prepend or append).
- Hash the resulting string with the used hash algorithm.
- Check if the hash matches the one in the db.

Kind regards
Thomas