I don't think Cake 2 will go fully to data objects rather than arrays,
but the following talk by Jose Lorenzo @ CakeFest 2011 may be of
interest to you:
http://cakefest.org/schedule/using-the-mongocake-plugin-for-cakephp-20-jose-lorenzo-rodriguez

Larry is working on encoding all the videos and will be uploading them
in the near future so you can see this talk for yourself.

HTH, Paul