I'm building a datasource for the Solr search server. For the
connection, I use the HttpSocket class. I have some working
functionnalities, but I'm stumped on a problem.

Some of the Solr functionnalities need to pass many times the same
query parameter name, but with different values. For instance:

http://myserver.com/solr/select/?q=*:*&facet=true&facet.field=mot.cle.marc&facet.field=creatorFacet&fq=mot.cle.marc:humans&fq=creatorFacet:john

My problem is that when I send a GET request with the HttpSocket, only
the last occurence of the parameters are used.

I've explored a bit the code, found that the query string is parsed a
few times, before being rebuilt with the http_build_query PHP function
that only keep one occurence of the parameters. I also found that
there is a possibility to pass the same parameter many times (with an
array-like syntax supported by http_build_query()), but in this case
the query sent is not the original one and Solr does not understand
it.

Is there any workaround that would still allow to use the HttpSocket
class, in order to keep the other HttpSocket features ?
If not, is it something that the HttpSocket should be able to do ?

Thanks,
nIcO