More information, If i don't provide a value for fields that have a
default value in the database, the fields are modified and they take
the database default value.

For instance I have a reset password action that takes data from a
form with just the user id and password. The data array only has id
and password.

Submitting the form changes the user password, but the user model has
a enabled field, with a default value of 0. In the sql query I can see
that cake is doing an update of the password fields but also of the
enabled field.

Using cake 1.3.5