Well, in a company with 20.000 employees I can imagine that the License
fees for Windows Servers (there probably are a lot of them) and MSSQL
databases (There probably are a lot of them too) are pretty high. So my
main argument would be the financial savings in licensing costs (running
costs) that are by far greater then the cost to actually change the
IT-infrastructure (single investment) after X months (subject to
calculation). Those managers do not understand things like "faster
development processes" but they understand things like "We will save a
big pile of cash".

Kind regards
Thomas