If your model has an association with the other model that you want to
retrieve from, each time you do a find it will also retrieve any
associated data as well. You can read about it here:

http://book.cakephp.org/view/1039/Associations-Linking-Models-Together

You can also use App::import. For instance if you wanted to import a
User model so you could use it in a Tasks controller:

App::import('Model', 'User');
$userModel= new User();
$userModel->find()

ClassRegistry::init works as well.