Thanks for the response Carlo,

AppController ... the class is only available in the bootstrap and not the
rest of the controllers or views. This seems strange to me and I'm starting
to think I might be missing some other underlying problem. Short of
importing the file into every controller and every view where I need to make
a call to it, I cannot get it to work as expected.

As I stated earlier ... in 1.3 it was as simple as:

> App::import('Vendor', 'facebook)
>
> function __construct(){
>         parent::__construct();
>
>         $this->facebook = new Facebook(array(
>                     'appId' => $this->__api_key,
>                     'secret' => $this->__app_secret ));
>     }

No problems, the class was accessible using $this->facebook->etc->etc
 throughout my entire app.

Was I doing it wrong then or am I doing it wrong now? Frankly, I'm ignorant
enough in this area to not know the difference.
Does 2.0 handle this differently and I'm just not understanding it?

- Ed