On Oct 26, 1:37 pm, Ryan Schmidt <google-2...@ryandesign.com> wrote:
> On Oct 26, 2011, at 02:34, AD7six wrote:

> >> I think it was rather meant as "Why havn't you opened a pull request for
> >> the fix of the documentation". You need to substract the irony :-D
>
> > No Irony, it's just a thinly veiled hint.
>
> Something like an emoticon smiley after your remark would have helped.
> Without it, it just comes across as unfriendly, even rude.

I is what I is. Posting noise to the list is IMO rude. And that's what
threads that aren't questions or core-announcements are.

> > "Helping" by broadcasting
> > something to the list doesn't help anyone.
>
> Posting to the list can help, if people search for error messages and then
> find the solution here.

The value of putting info where you /might/ manage to find it using
google, if you're lucky, instead of right in the docs where users are
looking first is somewhat tiny.

> And while I agree most posters to this list could stand to do more work
> themselves and not expect the list to do everything for them, not everyone is
> comfortable using this new-fangled git thing yet; posting to the list may be
> the extent of their comfort level.

this new-fangled git thing is hosted on github - where you can submit
doc corrections without using git at all, and quite easily too.
Posting to the list instead of updating the docs (by any means) is
just venting to satisfy your own conscience under the guise of being
"helpful".

AD