I can vouch that performance under 2.0 certainly seems much, much snappier
(unscientific statement). I ran the upgrade script over a pretty meaty existing
app and it just plain didn't work afterwards. I was left with a ton of errors
I'd not seen before, so had that really uncomfortable wtf feeling. If you know
2.0 backwards you'd be able to go straight to the problem source and fix it. If
not, it's like being a first timer again. I stopped the migration and started
on the tutorial, just to learn it.

The move from 1.3 to 2.0 is definitely worth it for all the reasons stated, but
as it stands migrating is something that will take time. It's not like updating
a Mac from one version of OS X to another where everything is over and done in
a few minutes. It's a project that demands planning, time and knowledge. I
wouldn't trust my own upgraded app in a production environment just yet, but I
won't start anything new on 1.3.

Jeremy Burns
Class Outfit

http://www.classoutfit.com