Because in the second example you have two commands, so when it gets to the
else it has lost track with the if.

This is ok:
if (something)
        do this;

This is ok:
if (something)
        do this;
else
        do that;

This is how you nest more than one command:

if (something) {
        do this;
        then do this;
} else {
        do something else;
        and then make some tea;
}

The multiple commands are nested inside {} brackets.

Jeremy Burns
Class Outfit

http://www.classoutfit.com