The CakePHP core team is proud to announce the immediate availability of
CakePHP 2.0.3 [1]. A lot has happened in the PHP world since our last
release, this new version incorporates all needed changes needed to adapt
to the ever evolving world of PHP frameworks.

One of the big changes out there was PHPUnit 3.6 being marked as stable and
becoming the default version available through the PEAR installer. This
change caught many developers by surprise. They could not easily run
CakePHP's built-in test suite due to the major changes in PHPUnit. We have
made the required changes to make sure 2.0.3 runs with no issues in both
3.5 and 3.6 versions of PHPUnit.

A big difference people will notice when writing unit tests is that all
output is swallowed by PHPUnit and not presented in either the web tester
page nor in the CLI tester. To overcome this annoyance use the--debug modifier
if you are using the CLI interface.

The second bit of good news is the availability of PHP 5.4-rc1. We have
taken the time to test our framework against this PHP version and fixed
many of the few notices and issues that discovered while running our
automated tests. If you are early jumping on the 5.4 bandwagon, you can
consider CakePHP one of the frameworks to be running smoothly on it.

In total, there were 66 commits and 32 issues have been resolved for 2.0.3.
A complete list of the changes can be viewed in the changelogs page [2],
here is a quick summary of changes that made it into 2.0.3:

   - Runs smoothly in php 5.4
   - Easier to test controllers using REST
   - Correct manipulation of boolean values in DboSource::insertMulti()
   - Full compatibility with PHPUnit 3.6
   - Fixed several minor issues with the command line bake utility
   - Fixed Content-Length calculation when there is buffered output that
   will be sent before the response body
   - Various improvements in the UpgradeShell
   - DboSource::lastAffected() now returns correct integer

Thanks for ever-growing interest in CakePHP, we have received many pull
requests for both the code and documentation, we are excited about the all
the buzz we are creating with this new version, without all your
contributions there would not be CakePHP

   - Download a packaged release [1]
   - View the changelog [2]

Links

   - [1] http://github.com/cakephp/cakephp