I didnt see your answer until now.

well, right. but some people might think an url couldn't actually be
harmful.
just a few months ago, even the core templates still didn't use h() to
print out content, for example.
and no one cared for decades^^ (except for a few maybe including me)
and I see tons of new code like this every day out there.
so there is a lot of information not reaching the user / programmer.
one is, how important escaping is - even for urls printed out somwhere
in the view.
they are not dumb but simply unaware of the risks.

even worse: they seem to get the wrong idea that they should sanitize
on input, and nothing on output.
but that's another topic.

to sum it up:
the "hack" in the linked script then seems to be unnecessary if the
Form Helper does that (which I couldn't confirm from looking at the
helper. i might have to run some tests to confirm).
And printing out $this->here would require h(), as well.
although (!) I have to remark that it might change the url in
undesired ways (special chars etc getting escaped).

thx mark!