its not about the browsers
each browser has its own unique session

the problem is the tabs of one and the same browser - they all share
the same session.
so if you have for example 3 open tabs of the same website, they will
most certainly
intefere with each other.
thats why I consider it a nogo to use sessions with captchas (if they
just override each other) or any other such thing that will easily run
into collisions. it's a misusage of sessions and damned to blow up.

I dont know any techniques which would enable you to distinguish
different tab sessions
but maybe someone else does. usually the session/cookie cannot know
which tab is which.