Chrome seems to be prone to crashing due to flash (seems to be various
problems)
many result in crashing.

for me I get this alot in chrome - I can't recall it happening in firefox
(if it does not on the same scale)

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=13137185df92e1eb&hl=en

As you mention that you have lots of browsers & listening to google music
perhaps it gets to much for chrome to handle.

You could clone the book - then it may be simple to build a local version
of cake book minus the flash copy script, if you made a local branch you'd
be able to maintain it.

https://github.com/cakephp/docs

building it is very easy