Thx Leigh,
After a few days starring into this problem i finally nailed it down
after comparing different aspects between local server and online
one.It looks like the problem was endeed in viewPath!
using this tut.
http://bakery.cakephp.org/articles/rtconner/2007/06/29/advanced-pagination-1-2
and going with the first phrase form here
http://book.cakephp.org/2.0/en/core-libraries/helpers/js.html#ajax-pagination

my original piece of code was:if($this->RequestHandler->isAjax()) {
          $this->viewPath = 'elements';             $this-
>render('paging');                  }
and it was looking for the file: /home/independ/public_html/film/app/
View/elements/paging.ctp , but using the default cakephp folder
structure, my pagination .ctp file was laying in the /app/View/
Elements/ folder (notice the big E on "Elements")
i thought that cakephp would look for the file in this folder, like
the controller looks automatically in the ../View/Movies for the
MoviesController, but instead it was looking for the "elements" folder
(and because "Elements" is different from "elements" on *nix sytems of
course it would not work)
the fix was to just modify $this->viewPath = 'Elements'; and for the
future to specify THE EXACT location of the file!
Thanks again,Petrisor