Here is my situation:

I have 4 groups:
- Administrator
- Station Manager
- Station DJ
- Basic User

They all have different permissions to different pages. But no
individual user has special permissions outside his/her group. I have
read through the cakephp documentation a few times now. I originally
leaned towards ACL after first reading the cookbook. But I am noticing
now it may be better to simply build in the permissions into the auth
component using isAuthorized(). This I imagine would increase speed
and performance on my site.