On 11/13/06, Ger_Val <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi! I'm new to CakePHP, seems it's a really great framework. I didn't
> find any bad comments about it in the Internet. Probably, I was looking
> badly. :)
> What about using CakePHP for large projects? My concerns are about
> performance and security. I've read some posts and people say
> performance is not a problem. What about a site with 10 000 visitors
> daily and a user area with many database-driven features (edit personal
> data, history etc.)?
> Should I worry about security of my site powered by CakePHP? Security
> is of great importance for me since a hacker intrusion can destroy the
> whole business.

Security is the responsibility of the PROGRAMMER, not the framework.
The best security features are not worth anything if you don't use
them properly.

All the common security problems like XSS, cross-domain scripting and
SQL injection are easily solved by the programmer.  Expecting Cake to
do it for you is being lazy.

--
Chris Hartjes

"The greatest inefficiencies come from solving problems you will never have."
-- Rasmus Lerdorf

@TheBallpark - http://www.littlehart.net/attheballpark
@TheKeyboard - http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard