Hello,

I haven't used AJAX so far because I never needed it. I read the
manuals regarding it, now I am wondering how to do it in cake. My task
is following:
I have a list of users. Next to each user I have a button which says
archive. On click I have to archive the user. Now, I don want to
reload the whole page so I want to use AJAX.
The way I see it, I would create a regular AJAX call to my url which
is function just like any other in cake, like /users/archive/57 where
number 57 is id in the database (it will be generated for each
button).
On server side I would perform the function, but how do I return
response. Do I just echo it ? And how does the cake knows it was an
AJAX call and that it needs to send a response to a client. And is it
ok, for the response to be just a simple ok , or notok string , and
then if ok, I just change the archive sting into yes from no in the
user list.

Can you please give me like quick steps of how would you do it with a
quick syntax example.

Like : 1) Create a client call to the server
         2) Execute function on server the normal way you wold
         3) Send response to client (please explain how)

Thank you in advance,

All the best
Milos Vucinic