Well, after reading that I just HAD to confirm my previous assumption.
As I suspected, Cake2 behaves correctly
Only the first links get treated as an admin link so to speak
Not sure why 1.3 still allowed sth that strange

But there is a funny thing with mixing the prefixes:
<?php echo $this->Html->link('Foo', array('admin'=>true,
'controller'=>'tests', 'action'=>'admin_view')); ?>
<?php echo $this->Html->link(__('X'), array('admin'=>false,
'controller'=>'tests', 'action'=>'admin_view')); ?>

One would expect them to be
.../admin/tests/admin_view
.../tests/admin_view

But instead Routing applies some (too much?!) logic and results in
.../admin/tests/view !!!
.../tests/admin_view

We should think about whether this inconsistency still makes sense in
2.0.
Either the second example should be stripped off the admin_ prefix or
the first one not losing it.