I forgot to mention. In the bake process I made an alias for the
buyer, classname buyer, foreign id as the table field 'buyer id'. But,
when testing, I get the "Database table buyers for model Buyer was not
found."

This is how the model is defined (it's just a cut and paste of some
parts)

public $belongsTo = array(

'User' => array(
                        'className' => 'User',