thats really weird.
happening on windows/wamp - php5.3.8
maybe some bug?

the firefox firebug debug data for POST reads:

Parameter application/x-www-form-urlencoded
_method PUT
data[UserInfo][country_id...    1
data[UserInfo][gender]  1
data[User][id]  4ed23d7c-dcc8-4d3b-8e7b-0fe01810f9bf
data[User][username]    test

so it seems to put everything by default.
As far as I know, POST is more generic and PUT mainly used for upload
etc