Hi Geoff, thanks for the reply. Was trying to deny access to a
particular user/group to a controller. I had originally setup my
AppController::beforeFilter like you have shown. But when a user/group
tried to access a controller they did not have permission for they
were allowed access. If I run the Acl->check() method I can see that
the user is denied access. The reason I added all the stuff to my
beforeFilter() was because it seemed to be the only way to prevent
access to the controller.