Hi, I am trying to create an events website with cakephp 1.3, I have
already created event, comment and user model. The users can add
comments for events and add events.

in my event view page I want to show the event with its comments and
show who added the event and comments for the event.

I have the following models:

class Comment extends AppModel {
        var $name = 'Comment';
        var $displayField = 'id';
        //The Associations below have been created with all possible keys,
those that are not needed can be removed

        var $belongsTo = array(
                'Event' => array(
                        'className' => 'Event',
                        'foreignKey' => 'event_id'

                ),
                'User' => array(
                        'className' => 'User',
                        'foreignKey' => 'id'
                )
        );
}

---------------------

class Event extends AppModel {
        var $name = 'Event';
        var $displayField = 'title';
        //The Associations below have been created with all possible keys,
those that are not needed can be removed

        var $belongsTo = array(
                'User' => array(
                        'className' => 'User',
                        'foreignKey' => 'user_id',
                        'conditions' => '',
                        'fields'   => array('id', 'username'),
                        'order' => ''
                )
        );

        var $hasMany = array(
                'Comment' => array(
                        'className' => 'Comment',
                        'foreignKey' => 'event_id',
                        'dependent' => false,
                        'conditions' => '',
                        'fields'   => array('user_id', 'comment','created'),
                        'order' => '',
                        'limit' => '',
                        'offset' => '',
                        'exclusive' => '',
                        'finderQuery' => '',
                        'counterQuery' => ''
                )
        );

}

-------------------

class User extends AppModel {
        var $name = 'User';
        var $displayField = 'username';
[...]

with this model I get the following result:

Array
(
    [Event] => Array
        (
            [id] => 1
            [category_id] => 0
            [title] => Tinei Mashaya - Zimbabwe Sculpture
            [body] => Tinei Mashaya is a talented young sculptor from
Zimbabwe. Using the knowledge and skill of his ancestors, he carves
vivid and inspired sculptures from the many fine stones found in his
native country. Tinei's art lingers between sensualism and
spirituality. Each piece silently speaks of the yearning of the soul
to break free from the stifling needs of the physical body.
He says his inspiration comes from his uncontrollable desire to
solidify ideas and feelings. Tinei owes much of his training an
encouragement to his brother, Passmore Mashaya, and to Euwitt
Nyanhongo, who are renowned artists in their own rights. He has had
his works exhibited in the USA, Austria, Canada, Australia and South
Africa.
            [created] => 2011-12-11 23:00:47
            [modified] => 2011-12-12 01:19:39
            [user_id] => 1
            [address] => Riverside Studios
Riverside Studios Crisp Road Hammersmith London,W6 9RL
            [tel] => 2032097013
            [www] => http://www.cakephp.org
            [startdate] => 2011-07-04
            [enddate] => 2011-12-30
            [thumbnail] =>
http://www.cakephp.org/87dc36fd-6eec-4b33-a314-b97d020c8272.Jpeg
            [status] => 0
        )

    [User] => Array
        (
            [id] => 1
            [username] => ersindemirtas
        )

    [Comment] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [user_id] => 1
                    [comment] => Test comment
                    [created] => 2011-12-12 22:38:29
                    [event_id] => 1
                )

            [1] => Array
                (
                    [user_id] => 1
                    [comment] => I ike this event!!!!
                    [created] => 2011-12-13 21:38:00
                    [event_id] => 1
                )

            [2] => Array
                (
                    [user_id] => 2
                    [comment] => I wen to old event this is the second
guy!
                    [created] => 2011-12-13 21:38:32
                    [event_id] => 1
                )

        )

)

For the event it shows who submited but for the comments it doesn't, I
am not sure if I done the models correctly, it will be very help if
you can suggest me what to do. Thanks.

Ersin Demirtas.