So, I am working with a textarea, where I am allowing for an entry per line.

When I submit the form the data hits the controller as expected with the
PHP \n intact.

I am do a postback to the same controller/action, and when the page renders
and the Form input gets populated, all the \n line breaks are getting
converted to the string '\n' and all the text runs together.

It this a Cake thing or PHP thing... I don't recall seeing this problem
before... but I am not confident I have ever tried to do this before.

Using Cake 1.3 still, if that matters.

Ideas?