Hey guys,

i worked a lit with Magento in the last months.
They used, in my opinion, a really good way to configurate and/or
access for example status fields.

They had a table field for example for the status of an order.
0 meant cancelled
1 meant payed
2 meant completed

In the Model they used constants for identifying these statuses (if
this is the plural of it)

class Order{
   const ORDER_STATUS_CANCELLED = 0;
   const ORDER_STATUS_PAYED = 1;
   const ORDER_STATUS_COMPLETED = 2;
}

So they could access these constants from as good as anyway with
Order::ORDER_STATUS_CANCELLED.

Is there a way to do so in cakephp?
I mean without requiring the class, using "new" and so on?

I need to access it from helpers, views, models, controllers and
everywhere.

Any idea?

Greetings
func0der