Thiago, this is not true, if you look at component methods, all, except
setFlash call CakeSession::method(), so you can use CakeSession and should
work !

onur...you can Check, if key exists in Session with CakeSession::check() or
if you are in controller $this->Session->check()
--
Lep pozdrav, Tilen Majerle
http://majerle.eu