This is really not a configuration item, though you can set it using
Configure::write(). Of course, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] must be
provided by your web server.
http://php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.server.php
If you are trying to create a user setting, a session cookie would be
much more appropriate. Alternatively,  I often log the user's IP
address to the DB upon login.

Gary