On Jan 3, 6:55 am, Dee Johnson <devario...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to have somewhere ~1 sec load time
>
> I actually figured out the problem though.  When using persistModel = true
> it actually caused ALOT of unexpected speed results.  I removed it and all
> calls are around 1 - 3 seconds.
>
> Also, automagic form elements wont load with it for some reason.
>
> see this
> articlehttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/2148416/cakephp-controllerpersistm...
>
> Thanks for the javascript caching suggestion.  I will try that as well.  I
> am maintaining a tool that I created where the sole purpose is modifying /
> inputting data primarily which is why containable worked or me alot.  Any
> other suggestions similar to containable?
>
> What modifications would you recommend on the OS layer?

You are wasting your time unless you can identify something that is
the cause for some/all of the delay you are seeing.

E.g. let's say your db queries are taking 0.1s. if you implement a
better caching mechanism you might be able to bring that down to 0.01s
- which means your pages still take 7.99s.

Therefore: look for and identify something that is actually slow

* you can do that on a high level using debug kit
* xdebug profiling would be 'best' it'll give you a lot of information
and allow you to drill down to specific problems or let you see you're
calling fast functions 1000s of times adding up to delays
* you can do it yourself quite easily simply using $line = time() . '
' . __FILE__ . ':' . __LINE__; `echo "$line" >> my.log`; or something
very similar (note complete absence of anything cakephp-specific in
that).

Also check your application and webserver logs - if they are full of
errors (a common cause for slow apps in 1.3 and before is an
unwritable tmp dir) sort that out first.

AD