Fakher,

        the $filename, or the download id should be an argument to the download
action, then from the download action you can use the Media view and store the
download counter in the database or anywhere you want to track the downloads
count.

regards
__________
Muhaimen Ezabbad

On Jan 16, 2012, at 12:26 PM, ahmed fakher wrote:

> i see this doc page and i think it can help me to count downloads but
> i don't understand how to count with this media views
> http://book.cakephp.org/1.3/en/view/1094/Media-Views
>

> this code for extract files dir and title...the user download when
> clicked the file link..i need to count  number of downloads..how to do
> this with Media-Views or any method ?
>
> downloads_controller.php
>
> function index() {
>        $this->set('downloads', $this->paginate());
>    }
>
> downloads/index.ctp
>
> <?php
> $title = $download['Download']['title'];
> // output filetitle
> $filename = '/files/'.$download['Download']['filename'];
> // output http://localhost/tet/files/un5titled0.rar
> echo $this->Html->link($title, $filename,array('escape' => false));
>
> ?>
>
> thanks for helping
>
> --
> Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials
> http://tv.cakephp.org
> Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help
> others with their CakePHP related questions.

Muhaimen Ezabbad
+218 91 393 0082
mezab...@gmail.com