I think I've found a bug in Cake 2.1 with internal paginateCount.

I'm doing pagination with manually binding model:

$this->Topic->bindModel(array('hasOne'=>array('CategoriesTopic')));
$contain['CategoriesTopic']=array();
$conditions[]=array('CategoriesTopic.category_id'=>$cat);

The main paginate query build is ok, but internal count query is wrong,
without hasOne association join, but with condition on
CategoriesTopic.category_id. So it produces error:

*Error: *SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column
'CategoriesTopic.category_id' in 'where clause'

Any workaround?

Thanks,
Sergei.