IF you really need to use a model in this context you should never use
"new" but ClassRegistry:

$Model = ClassRegistry::init('Meta');

Not sure if breaking MVC is really the best way to go here. But if it works
for you, nobody will force you to
undo your obviously working code. Also not sure how you want to pass $page
(is it the final url after routing or
the prefix/plugin/controller/action/ string? both solutions could work,
might have different pros and cons.
Other than that it looks fine. I know there are some plugins which do it
not that much different you do.

Without specific inside in your application there is only so much one can
suggest.
Just take the "silence" regarding your thread as a "not beautiful, but not
really problematic either".
Everything else is your thing. Not ours.
If you want people to contribute and discuss your code in detail, you
should open a github rep for it.
So others can fork or submit issues. Reading through a lot of code without
code highlighting is no fun.

PS: it also sounds like something that could be made a "Seo" plugin to make
it available for multiple apps.
you never know when you will need it (or others for that matter). Just
something to think about.
But then use: `$Model = ClassRegistry::init('Seo.Meta');` :)

good luck
mark