Thanks euromark and jeremy!

My behaviour is about handling clustering of map points, and my separate
files are for trialling different techniques.  So I think I'll go with the
lib technique initially, and once my users pick their preferred clustering
technique and I'm ready to clean it up and finish off testing, think about
writing it into a plugin.

Cheers

Daniel

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:11 AM, jeremyharris <funeralm...@gmail.com>wrote:

> If it's more than two files (behavior + test case) it's worthwhile to
> point out that plugins are not only good for redistributing your code, but
> it's also good for packaging your tests and everything in a different repo
> that has its own history and that you can submodule via git. This assumes
> the libs are only specific to the behavior and their methods aren't used in
> other areas.
>
> Just a thought!
>

> On Monday, April 16, 2012 5:05:09 PM UTC-7, Daniel Baird wrote:
>>

>> Hi Cake dudes,
>>
>> I'm new to Cake, and I'm adding a behavior to a model.  I've done that by
>> writing a PHP file that I save in the Behavior directory.
>>
>> Now I'm making that Behavior a bit more complicated, and I'd like to
>> split some sections of code out into separate files.  This Behavior is
>> pretty specific to my application, I can't imagine wanting to make it a
>> redistributable plugin or anything.
>>
>> So here's my question: where's the recommended place to save those
>> supporting files?  Can I just make a subdir or Behavior and save them all
>> in there?  Or am I supposed to save my additional files into the Vendor dir
>> or something like that.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>  --
> Our newest site for the community: CakePHP Video Tutorials
> http://tv.cakephp.org
> Check out the new CakePHP Questions site http://ask.cakephp.org and help
> others with their CakePHP related questions.

Daniel Baird
I've tried going to the XHTML <bar /> a few times, but it's always closed.