Netbeans for me. There are a few tricks required to get the code completion
to work (especially in views) but nothing drastic.

Has nice integration with subversion, unit testing, jira, etc. Code
templates and code snippets are also nice. Free is a major bonus too.

Have tried others (eclipse, komodo, Codelobster) and they didn't do it for
me.

To get Netbeans to code complete for you:

1) right click the project in the project explorer tree and select
"properties"
2) go to PHP Include Path
3) add the cake folder to the include path and click OK
4) in all your models/controllers you need to add some helper properties to
the doc comments so that netbeans is aware of what is going on:
/**
 * Registration Model
 *
 * @property Location $Location
 * @property Status $Status
 */

This basically tells netbeans that when you go $this->Location to go
looking at the Location model (since Location isn't defined in the class).
Same goes for helpers/components/behaviors etc. The bake scripts actually
add all this for you which is great.

5) in your views it gets a tiny bit trickier... before you use the $this
variable in a view you need to place a comment immediately before it:

/* @var $this View */

After you do all that you get code completion/hints/suggestions everywhere.
The core cake source is well commented and you can mine down into the
entire class structure with ease.

As for integrated cake console... what's wrong with opening up putty and
having it running in the back ground all the time?