No, you don't need to. You can call other function just like they belong to
your controller.

Say HtmlHelper has link(...) function, when you need to call it in your
overloaded controller, just call $this->link(...). You don't need to
override what you don't want to change.

--
Adrian Godong
[EMAIL PROTECTED]