I don't have any templates, but I use file-uploader[1] on a currently
active project. It doesn't require jQuery but works pretty nicely.

It sends each upload as a separate request, so write the controller code as
if you're receiving one file (like the media plugin examples) and you
should be good. This method is preferred, because when javascript is
disabled the logic in the controller doesn't need to change will still work
(i.e., old school single upload).

1: https://github.com/valums/file-uploader  (doesn't seem to be maintained
by the author but there are numerous forks)