Hey,

no, but I need to extend an existing application where the owner's
opinion is that a refactoring would be too expensive. I recommended a
refactoring but every client is an individual person with individual
thoughts and fears, and I stopped myself from getting upset about
those things... :)

I figured out why I could not change the language. The app is divided
in Front- and Backend and the shell was stored within the backend
structure, but the locales (po files) with the translations are stored
in the frontend. I moved the shell and the email-template and modified
the shell call of the cronjob, and now everything works fine.

:)