> Ok, I wanted to be sure you weren't trying to use the PEAR lib with a db
that is already well supported.

I know nothing about the status of any mssql dbo driver - but there are
also numerous references pointing at:
https://github.com/rchavik/datasources/blob/mssql-2.0/Model/Datasource/Database/Mssql.php

Doesn't that work?

If you want to use peardb anyway, you have a few options:

* Use Pear directly - you'll lose ~all model functionality
* Overwrite a few model methods (find, save) to call the Pear db methods
* Write a pear db datasource

The last option is potentially the best idea as it would mean you can
change the datasource at some point in the future if a better option became
available

AD