We believe it is important to save the user id with a record both on create
and update to know who created/changed it.  So if table has columns
'create_user_id' and 'update_user_id', they would get populated with the
user_id of who is logged in on create/update, just like the
'created'/'updated' timestamps automagically get set on create/update.

I recall seeing this long ago but cannot find in any archives.  Can anyone
point me to resources on how to do this?  I suspect it means extending the
model in AppModel but wasn't sure if more appropriate extending the
Datasource.

Thanks!

George