Okay, I found a solution in case somebody else finds this entry:
so iPad and iPhone use Range Requests to request Videos and the default
MediaView doesn't support this. I wrote my own View Class based on the
Appendix A in following Article:
http://mobiforge.com/developing/story/content-delivery-mobile-devices
I hope to find the time to clean up and release the code.